Most bulbs will cause irritation in the mouth, esophagus, and stomach, causing drooling, vomiting, abdominal pain, or even respiratory or cardiac abnormalities. Lily plants are entirely toxic, especially to cats. Merely chewing a leaf or brushing up against a lily can be fatal.
Many plants are toxic when eaten, but particularly bulbs. In the best case, only the bulb is a problem, and mainly causes irritation in the mouth, esophagus, and stomach. In the worst case, every part of the plant is toxic, especially to cats. Lilies are the worst offenders. A cat can be fatally poisoned simply by licking lily pollen off its fur….