By Jean Hofve, DVM
1 hour before vaccination:
One dose of high-EPA fish oil*
One dose of antioxidants; curcumin and quercetin in particular have been found to block the ability of vaccine adjuvants to trigger a long-term immune reaction.
Immediately before vaccination (as close as possible):
Take a calcium supplement by mouth; it needs to contact the mucous membranes of the mouth so hold it under your tongue or use a chewable form such as Tums. For pets, give calcium (just a small piece of a tablet is fine) by mouth. The amount is not as important as having some calcium contact the tongue or gums.
• IMMEDIATELY APPLY A COLD OR ICE PACK TO THE INJECTION SITE. This will inhibit blood flow to the area and keep the vaccine ingredients from spreading into the blood and surrounding tissues. This is especially important for vaccines that contain adjuvants.
• Take a dose of homeopathic Thuja occidentalis 30C (available at most health food stores or online) within 2 hours; repeat every 12 hours for a total of 3 doses. Avoid all immune-stimulating supplements, such as mushroom extracts, whey protein, beta-glucan, echinacea.
• Avoid Omega-6 oils that significantly suppress immunity and increase inflammation – such as corn, safflower, sunflower, soybean, canola and peanut oils.
• Avoid all mercury-containing seafood or any other sources of mercury.
Take the following nutritional supplements for 2-4 weeks after vaccination (doses, where given, are for adult humans; for children and pets, use a dose proportional to their weight compared to an adult weighing 150 lbs.)
1. Natural Vitamin E complex; if possible, one that is high in gamma-E.
2. Buffered (Ester) Vitamin C at a dose of 1000 mg, taken four times a day between meals.
3. Antioxidants: curcumin, quercetin, astaxanthin, lutein, and carotenoids.
4. Zinc (no copper).
5. Take a multivitamin-mineral daily one that does not contain iron – with high B vitamins and selenium.
6. Magnesium citrate/malate (500 mg of elemental magnesium) two capsules, three times a day.
7. Vitamin D3 (Adult humans: 20,000 IU per day for 2 weeks post-vaccination, then 10,000 per day).
(Children get 5,000 units of Vitamin D per day for two weeks after the vaccine and then 2,000 a units a day thereafter.) Pets are very susceptible to Vitamin D overdose; DO NOT supplement vitamin D in pets without your veterinarian’s guidance.
8. Calcium 500-1000 mg a day; for children and pets, 250 mg a day (Vitamin D works more efficiently in the presence of calcium.
9. Fish Oil (high EPA)
8. Drink very concentrated white tea at least four times a day (adult humans only).
9. Drink 8 oz. of blenderized or juiced parsley and celery in a blender twice a day (adult humans only).
Flower essences, such as Spirit Essences Vaccine Detox, provide a safe, gentle, energetic detoxification that is very helpful for pets and people as well. It should be taken for 2-4 weeks after vaccination; and it will still help any time after vaccination–even months or years later.
* I recommend Nordic Naturals products for both people and pets.
For more details on these recommendations, see “Preventing Vaccine Adverse Effects” in the Free Article Library at www.littlebigcat.com.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.